OD helps organizations deliver sustainable performance improvement through people. This is done through the following:
1. Organizational Charts:
- Establish a clear structure which helps employees resolve disputes and work together to achieve strategic goals.
- Developing an organizational structure involves defining the framework around which your business operates by identifying how the organization works, choose leaders and make effective decisions.
- Organizational Charts are reviewed and optimized to match the current organizations requirements.
2. Manpower plan:
- New Organization Chart showing potential & crucial vacancies.
- Plan to fill open vacancies is developed with budget impact.3. Grade/Salary Structure/Bonus Scheme:
- Broad salary ranges are created for each band to accommodate the diversity of jobs and the wide range of values the market places on them.
- Within each band, three to four pay zones may be created to
- Recognize jobs having differing levels of complexity, responsibility and skill.
- Capture appropriate market differentials between jobs.
- Ensure that internal equity relationships are preserved.
- Provide employees with the opportunity for growth within the zone.
- Guide supervisor to place the employee’s salary in the band based on market.
- Performance based salary increases.
- Market changes.
- Acquisition and application of higher level skills and competencies.
- More complex work assignments.
- Acquisition of relevant and necessary technical certifications.
- 4. Job Descriptions:
- Job Purpose.
- Principle Accountability.
- Personal Profile.
- Assessment Criteria.
- Knowledge and experience.
- Organizational Structure.
- Additional Information.
- 5. Policies & Procedures
To develop a standardized Company Policy & Procedures which includes:
- General Guidelines.
- Policy Approval status.
- 6. Performance Appraisals:
Performance appraisal (or performance review) is a process for individual employees and those concerned with their performance, typically line managers, to discuss their performance and development, as well as the support they need in their role. It’s used to both assess recent performance and focus on future objectives, opportunities and resources needed.
7. Compensation & Benefits:
- Adjusting Company salaries across all departments / layers to have a standardized salary structures matching the company and market benchmarks.
- Fringe benefits according to the bands /zones extracted from the salary structure will be granted & applied for both internal employees & newcomers.
- Decentralize compensation management & administration.
- Reduce the need for reclassification reviews and improve speed of processing.
- Provide a mechanism to reward employees for skills and competencies outside of annual salary recommendation process.
- Provide more flexibility in pay for new hires.
- Attract & retain employees in high skilled areas.
- Maintain internal equity.
- Allow for geographic differentials and market competitiveness.